Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the shopping cart?
- Simply add a fruit and vegetable box and as many add-ons as you wish to your shopping cart while browsing our store.
- Once you want to proceed, click on "checkout".
- Follow the instructions by providing us with delivery information and select payment method for the goods. We will deliver on the date you specified during checkout.
Is there a minimum order?
- The minimum order is a fruit and vegetable box. Other optional items can be added to your order using the add-ons section of our website.
What can I expect in the box?
- Contents of the box will change depending on what’s in season. We support local as much as possible. You can find examples of what we’ve carried in our previous boxes on our social media platforms.
How do I customize my basket?
- In the summer, part or all of our baskets have set contents so we're able to provide some flexibility to our local farmers and partners. Please notify us of any allergies and we will try to accommodate.
- During the winter when our local selections become limited, we include choices on a few carefully selected imports.
Is your produce pre-washed?
- No. Our produce is handled directly from growers, farmers, and specialty stores. Please make sure to wash your produce before consuming.
Where is your produce from?
- We source our produce from small local growers, specialty stores, the Ontario Food terminal, and partners who purchase from the Elmira Produce Auction and mennonite farms in Monfort, Waterloo, Elora, Elmira, St Jacobs.
Is your produce organic?
- We carry organic produce, hydroponic (no chemicals), and also conventional. This is a choice you can make when making your selections on our site. Priority goes to our local organic farmers. We buy local as much as possible except for ingredients that are not grown locally or if they are out of season.
What is your cut off time for delivery?
- Wed 2 PM for Saturday delivery
- We send you an E.T.A email on Saturday morning once we’ve calculated everyone on our route. Please note, this is an estimate only but we try our very best to meet the communicated time.
Where do you deliver?
- Check our delivery map here.
- If we’re not yet in your area, please email us and we’ll review our route to see if we can deliver.
Do I have to be home for the delivery?
- We send an ETA via email the morning of our delivery.
- Our drivers will knock on your door and leave the groceries on your porch.
- We would prefer that you’re home to receive your box. It is especially important on hot days or if you have refrigerated items in your order.
- You can also leave a cooler outside for us to use. If you do, please include a note in your checkout for our driver.
Is there a delivery fee?
- We do not charge a delivery fee.
Do you re-use your box?
- Yes as long as it’s in good condition. Please leave out your used box on your next order along with reusable strawberry baskets, egg cartons, etc. We will collect it on our next visit and use it to fill your next order.
Do you deliver to condominiums?
- Yes, please leave us a phone number and meet us outside the building to collect your box. For our security and that of our customers, we’re unable to enter buildings at this time.
- Feel free to contact us using the email below if you have any questions before ordering.
I have a question, how do I reach you?
- please email us to arrange for a phone call if that’s preferable
- a phone number and E.T.A is included in our email on our delivery day. Please note that we’re a small team working on picking up your produce, packing, driving and delivering. If you’re trying to call on Saturday, we assume that it’s urgent. We will try to respond asap.